TERM AND CONDITION
Thank you for using Tan & Tan Website & Mobile App.
This website is owned and operated by Tan & Tan.
Your use of this Web& Mobile App Service is deemed to have agreed to be bound by the terms and conditions hereinafter, whereby we reserve the rights to update it from time to time.
- We encourage the use Tan & Tan Courier Express’ interactive website & mobile app designed to ease our Customer’s tracking of its shipment and delivery status.
- Rates are subject to the current Fuel Surcharge and are subject to change on notice of other variables.
- Tan & Tan Courier Express has the right to increase the Applicable Rates by giving thirty (30) days’ notice to the Customer.
- The Applicable Rates exclude customs duty, other local charges incurred at the time of clearance of a shipment, or any value added taxes which will have to be paid by the Customer or consignee.
- Applicable Rates are inclusive of Service tax in accordance with the Sales Tax Act 2018 and the Service Tax Act 2018 respectively (“SST”).
- Customer is responsible for obtaining its own insurance for the freight. Tan & Tan Courier Express will assist the Customer to obtain such insurance, if requested, at a nominal fee payable to Tan & Tan Courier Express.
- The adequate and safe packaging of the Customer’s documents or goods for transportation is the responsibility of the Customer. Tan & Tan Courier Express accepts no responsibility for loss or damage to documents or goods caused by inadequate, incorrect or inappropriate packaging and labelling.
- Without prejudice to any and all the terms and conditions, Tan & Tan Courier Express shall not be liable for any actions, claims, costs, liabilities and losses in relation to any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage which may be suffered by any other party except for the Customer as a result of or in connection with the service provided. For the avoidance of doubt, Tan & Tan Courier Express’ liability is limited to two hundred- and fifty-ringgit Malaysia only (RM250) per each courier shipment, OR the actual value of the consignment OR the cost of re-shipping whichever is lower.
- Full Details of Sender & Consignee must be clearly stated in the airway bill (Full Name, Address, Telephone Number etc) for all shipments. Description of the shipment and its value must be declared for customs purpose. Failure to comply with the above may potentially result in delay or loss of shipment. Refer to Clause 8.
- The transit times quoted are in working days (excluding public holidays) and subject to customs clearance at destination.
- Transit times are subject to and not limited to on time arrival and departure of flights, custom’s release time, political situations, industrial actions, weather conditions and any other circumstances outside the control of Tan & Tan Courier Express which may affect deliveries. Tan & Tan Courier Express will not be liable for any loss, including but not limited to consequential, opportunity loss, suffered by the Customer as a result of any delay in deliveries.
- The Applicable Rates are valid for a 1 month from the issue date, except for any change in law. Once signed, the Agreement will be valid for a term of one (1) year from the date of signing and shall automatically renew for further terms of one (1) year each unless either party terminates the Agreement by giving thirty (30) days’ notice in writing of termination to the other party.
- The Applicable Rates are charged on gross or volumetric weight, whichever is the greater.
- The Applicable Rates and terms and conditions of this Agreement are personal to the Customer and are non-transferable.
- The Customer hereby irrevocably and unconditionally acknowledges and agrees that the execution of an Tan & Tan Courier Express air waybill by any officer, director, employee or agent of the Customer or by any person appearing to Tan & Tan Courier Express, its officers, directors, employees or agents to be and officer, director, employee or agent of the Customer shall be deemed binding on the Customer as if it was made by a duly authorised signatory of the Customer.
- The Customer agrees that is freight is acceptable for transportation and is deemed unacceptable if:
- If it is classified a hazardous material, dangerous goods, prohibited or restricted articles by IATA (International Air Transport Association), ICAO (International Civil Aviation Organization), or any applicable bylaw, regulation, government or organisation;
- No customs declaration is made when required by applicable customs regulations;
- It contains counterfeit goods, animals, bullion, currency, bearer form negotiable instruments, precious metals and stones, real or imitation firearms or parts thereof, weapons, explosives and ammunition, human remains, pornography or illegal narcotics/drugs
- It contains any other item which Tan & Tan Courier Express decides cannot be carried safely or legally, or
- Customer agrees to all routing and diversion, including the possibility that the freight may be carried via intermediate stopping places, where required.
- The terms and conditions herein and any interpretation or dispute arising there from, shall be made in accordance withthe exclusive jurisdiction of the laws and courts of Malaysia.
Postal Act 2012
Section 51 – Complaints handling procedures.
51.(1) The complaints handling procedures shall be in the form of a published document & shall form part of a licensee’s general terms & conditions.
Section 56 – Penalty for unlawfully disclosing contents of postal article.
Any person who reveals, discloses or in any way makes known the contents of any postal article opened under the authority of this Act, unless so far as may be necessary for the purpose of returning the postal article or as may be authorized by the Commission in writing, commits an offence & shall, on conviction, be liable to a fine not exceeding fifty thousand ringgit or to imprisonment for a term not exceeding one year or to both.
Section 64 – Unlawful acts on postal article
A person who maliciously –
a. Disposes of or destroys;
c. Keeps, detains or hides;
d. Delays, abandons or misdirects;
e. Tampers with; or
any postal article in the course of its transmission, commits an offence & shall, on conviction, be liable to a fine not exceeding one hundred thousand ringgit or to imprisonment for a term not exceeding two years or to both.
Postal Services (Licensing) Regulations 2015.
9 A non-universal service licensee shall comply with the following standard conditions of license as follow:
(i) The licensee shall publish the terms & conditions of service to consumers
(j) The licensee shall publish the information on its delivery standard& charges for courier services offered.
Syarat-syaratLesen di bawahSeksyen 10 AktaPerkhidmatanPos
9. PENYIARAN TERMA-TERMA DAN SYARAT-SYARAT AM PERKHIDMATAN
9.1 Pemegang lessen hendaklanmenyiarkanterma dan syaratperkhidmatantermasuklahtatacarapengendalianaduandalammenyediakanperkhidmatankurierkapadapengguna.
17. KESELAMATAN PEKERJA, BARANG POS DAN RANGKAIAN
17.1 Pemegang lessen hendaklakmenjaminkeselamatanpekerja-pekerjanya, keselamatanbarangpos dan rangkaiannya.